Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Clubs.....New swing??

This past weekend I headed over to the Roger Dunn store in Santa Ana and was surprised to see that the entire store was 20% off, so instead of picking up a sleeve of golf balls, I walked out with a new set of irons. The set I picked up was a set of Srixon I-701's and I have to say ive never struck the golf ball so solidly, but during my 1st session using the new clubs something happened and my swing ended up looking like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s50K65PNeBU!! I played a round of golf yesterday and i stop scoring after the 13th hole!! It was that BAD!!

So today I decided to go to the range today to see if I could fix my problem and also the apt shut our water off for a few hours today because of a broken water heater and I needed to use the restroom (damn taco bell)!! When I hit my first ball I just kept saying head down, soft grip, hit through the ball, dont fall, ect!! Low and behold I hit the best shot ive hit in a long time and from there it was money. Im hitting it longer and straighter then I ever have before and the swing looked good enough for a gentlemen (obv very intellegent and a golf aficiando) asked my opinion on his swing. Obv I have my own issues and dont know anything about technique, so of course I accepted and told him "keep your head down and drink 2 four lokos every night!!" Hopefully he doesnt hurt himself tonight!! I appreciate whoever traded in brand new Srixon I-701's with brand new golf pride grips which enabled me to get them for a whopping $125!! Gotta love rich Orange County golfers.

Oh btw my beautiful and talented gf bought a set of clubs and now she can be my new golf buddy. My only advice to you is keep your head down and drink Four Loko every night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment